FINANCIAL AID RATE100%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO12:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE30
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$30,918
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
Virtual Tour of Campus
Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT)
305 N West Street, Olney, IL
Illinois Institute of Technology provides a variety of degree programs for students to assist them in their growth and development. The school is located in Chicago, Illinois and operated as a private institution. Enrollment at Illinois Institute of Technology is nearly 7,800 per year.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Computer And Information Sciences
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be asked to complete an application, write a personal statement, and submit school records, which are then reviewed by admissions staff. Most common scores among students accepted to IIT are in the range of 24 - 31 on the ACT, or 1666 - 1988 on the SAT. 64% of those students that apply are accepted to IIT, of which 29% choose to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of tuition is close to $38,000, but may change per year. Students are encouraged to use the school's price of attendance calculator to better understand their cost of attending this school. Housing is available on-campus for students. The yearly cost of housing is around $5,900. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the required requirements.
The Illinois Institute of Technology Scarlet Hawks participate in several intercollegiate athletic programs, as part of the NAIA organization. Athletic programs offered include:
- Baseball (NAIA Division I)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division I)
- Soccer (NAIA Division I)
- Swimming and Diving (NAIA Division I)
To see a full list of academic programs offered, enrollment information, student services, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.iit.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the candidates Illinois Institute of Technology accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Illinois Institute of Technology is around 6,800 students, where graduate students make up roughly 9% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $52,000 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,500-$1,800 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$34,691|
|Receiving Student Loans||53%||$8,010|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Illinois Institute of Technology may provide services to students including:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Assisting students to find work
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Clinical Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- * Accredited by the American Psychological Association, Commission on Accreditation (since 1982)
- Law Program
- * Accredited by the American Bar Association, Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar (since 1936)
Illinois Institute of Technology is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division III without football classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Division Iii Independents)
- Basketball (Division Iii Independents)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Illinois Institute of Technology by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Public Administration and Social Services
Other 4-Year Private Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Illinois Institute of Technology.
- East - West University in Glen Ellyn, IL (3 miles away)
- Saint Augustine College in Ullin, IL (10 miles away)
- Calumet College of Saint Joseph in Indianapolis, IN (13 miles away)
- University of Notre Dame in Kalamazoo, MI (72 miles away)
- Milwaukee School of Engineering in Milwaukee, WI (85 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: