FINANCIAL AID RATE100%
STUDENT TEACHER RATIO7:1
DEGREE OFFERED ONLINE14
FINANCIAL AID AWARD AVG.$9,394
Average Grants + Scholarship Aid Awarded to Undergraduate Students
Percent of Full-Time Undergraduates Receiving Financial Aid
Percent of Students Paying In-State Tuition vs Out-of-State Tuition
College Video Tour
Chicago State University (CSU)
325 N Wells Street, Chicago, IL
Chicago State University is a public college that has many majors available for students to choose from. The school is located in Chicago, Illinois, in a predominantly urban area. Approximately 7,400 students are enrolled yearly at CSU.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
The admissions process begins with the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and standardized test scores, which are then reviewed by the admissions committee. Most students accepted to CSU score in a range of 16 - 19 on the ACT exam. Chicago State University admits roughly 40 percent of students applying yearly. Of those admitted, nearly 29 percent attended the school. More information regarding admissions can be found at csu.edu.
Tuition & fees at this school are different for in-state and nonresidents. In-state tuition costs approximately $10,000 per year and out-of-state tuition costing $17,000 for the year. This school may provide financial aid for students that are eligible by way of grants and loans.
The Chicago State University "Cougars" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NCAA. Athletic programs offered may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AAA)
- Golf (NCAA Division I-AAA)
Students may visit the CSU website to get a complete list of areas of study, student services, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the candidates CSU accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Chicago State University is about 3,000. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 5% enrolling as graduate students and 68% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $11,100. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $25 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $7,500-$9,000
- Out-of-State: $15,000-$17,830
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $310-$370 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $620-$740 per credit unit
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
- May offer prepaid tuition rates, allowing tuition to be purchased at current rates for future enrollment.
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$12,050|
|Receiving Student Loans||91%||$5,483|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Chicago State University may offer student services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
CSU is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I without football classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Western Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Western Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Chicago State University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Chicago State University.
- Indiana University - Northwest in Bloomington, IN (18 miles away)
- Northeastern Illinois University in Evanston, IL (19 miles away)
- Governors State University in Quincy, IL (19 miles away)
- Northern Illinois University in Lisle, IL (62 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Parkside in Oshkosh, WI (65 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: