Liberal arts schools can be found peppered across the state of Indiana. Most liberal arts schools found in the state are smaller in nature in cities such as Goshen, Richmond, Hanover, Greencastle, and Crawfordsville. One of the defining aspects of a liberal arts college is centered around development. Students that matriculate at a liberal arts college will find the curriculum is created to help develop well-rounded students. By exposing students to a variety of humanity courses in addition to critical reasoning, art, and science classes in a typical program, students will develop a unique sense of self and empathy for others. The combination of soft-skills and core skill development, students can engage with a variety of people in personal and professional settings with greater confidence and acuity.
Advantages of Attending a Liberal Arts College in Indiana
Residents and non-residents looking to study at a liberal arts college in Indiana will find a handful of schools. In addition to what is provided in a schools profile with MatchCollege, students have a number of other considerations when thinking about a liberal arts education. The top five reasons for students to seriously consider a liberal arts education include:
- Educational Value: Employers continue to seek out liberal arts graduates to fill various roles in their organization. A recent report by the NACE,surveyrespondents indicated the factemployershighly value analytical ability, teamwork, and exceptional communication which liberal arts colleges can impart to students.
- Smaller Class Sizes: Class sizes found at liberal arts colleges in Indiana tend to be markedly smaller than many other private colleges and public universities. A smaller class size can be a benefit in that there is a greater degree of collaboration and access to top-tier professors.
- Student-Centric Focus: A hallmark of a liberal arts college is the student-centric focus versus a focus on grants, publications, or research of other university programs.
- Grad School Preparation: Indiana liberal arts universities are exceptional preparation for graduate school for students looking beyond an undergraduate degree.
- Financial Aid Package: Financial aid packages at Indiana-based liberal arts colleges tend to be more generous than other colleges, making the value more intriguing from college-bound students.
The tuition information displayed is an estimate, which we calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only. Please contact the respective school for information about the current school year.
Source: IPEDS Survey 2012-2020: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.